RE: Jaws and Abby Fine Reader

  • From: "Delaunay Christophe" <christophe.delaunay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:09:49 +0100

Hi Renette,

You wrote:

[RB]
>Is anybody using Abby Fine Reader with Jaws?

[ChD]
I'm currently using FineReader 7.0 with jaws 6.20. I started with
FineReader 4.5 and jaws 3.2.

I also could successfully run the 8.0 Try&Buy version with no need to
update my jaws.

[RB]
>How compatible is this combination?

[ChD]
This software always was really jaws-friendly. No script needed and no
major issue, except the obvious case of using the pattern editor.

However, some sighted person may use it for you in order to train
FineReader on some specific material, (cash tickets from your favorite
supermarket). Then, you'll be able to use these additional patterns for
later recognition of some material of the same type.

Sorry, I can't compare FineReader with Openbook since I never used the
last.

HTH, Have a nice day. Chris