Re: Jaws accessible software to record from either line-in or microphone

Hi,
  You might want to try CDex from http://cdex.n3.net
It's a program designed for ripping audio tracks from CD's but it also has=
 the capability to record in either wave or MP3. This program is very=
 accessible and is free. Other alternatives might include Goldwave which is=
 pretty nice for its price (around $50 US), Sound Forge which is quite a=
 big more (usually $350 US) or Cool Edit. Depending on what you want to do=
 with your recordings, a simple program like CDex may suit your needs. But=
 if you want to master, compress, and take the noise out of your cassettes=
 then you will need to invest some money into a good audio editor. As for=
 which is the best, there is really no answer to that. I personally prefer=
 Sound Forge, but others on this list prefer Cool Edit or GoldWave.
HTH
Steve

Stephen Clower, that guy from the south.
You can reach me by any of the following:
E-Mail: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: AudioRabbit03

You can also check out my little home on the web by visiting=
 http://www.steve-audio.net