Re: Jaws Telling How Big A File Or Folder Is

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:19:26 -0400

To have JAWS announce the size of a file, folder or disc drive, launch My
Computer or Windows Explorer (Win key + E).  Select the drive, folder, file or
program whose size you want JAWS to announce.  Then access the View menu, arrow
down to Details and press enter.  Alternatively, if you want to know the size
of a particular program installed on your computer, you can go to Add/Remove
Programs on the Control Panel, arrow down the list of programs, and tab once on
a selected item on the list to hear its size.  Hope this helps.