Re: Jaws And Programs That Clean Your Computer

  • From: "curmudgeon" <one2three4five6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:01:41 -0800

your folder of downloads are not temp files and will not be affected by
cleanup
the first time you run cleanup,
it will take a lot longer to run, be patient
when it finishes
do not press yes on log off
tab to no,
spacebar the no button,
route jaws to pc,
press page down then up arrow
to hear, how much space is recovered from how many files
then restart your computer
you are correct about it deleting your cookies and most of temporary files,
but not all of them,
and you will have to sign in, again to reestablish
those sign in's,
if you don't know how to back up your hard drive
or, can,
do you know how to make a restore point??
if you do, make one, then,  run cleanup
that way if you don't like the cleaned up hard drive it will restored to
what it was before you ran cleanup

recently i learned in xp,
about  a folder in windows called prefetch,
which are more temp files that can be safely deleted
that are not, touched by cleanup
or any other deletion
I also run disk clean up
from the properties
of the hard drive first before running cleanup,