Re: Jaws And Clipboard

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 21:10:44 -0700

Hi Jeffrey,

Well, I spent a good deal of time in East Tennessee at one point in my life,
and traveled around the Southeast a bit, so I'm curious to know which
regional accents you're talking about. If you were born and raised in North
Carolina yourself, I'd guess it's accents from other parts of the country
you must find unusual, yes? If I'm right, what are those accents, and how
did the people who speak that way come to be living around you? A
university, for instance? Or something else?

Or, of course, it occurs to me that maybe you moved to North Carolina from
another part of the country, and are just remarking on nothing but
traditional North Carolina accents, which you don't share, yourself. So I
guess I can't guess what you mean. Mind saying more?

Thanks. Always interested in language and regional stuff.