Jaws 9.0 and Mozilla Thunderbird

At work, I use Jaws 8.0 with Thunderbird and Windows XP Professional.  I would
love to use the 9.0 beta, but when I enter text in the body of a message, I
cannot read what I have written.  Jaws announces the characters I'm typing, but
no text appears on my braille display, and nothing happens when I use the Jaws
"say all" command to read the text.

With Jaws 8, I use Daniel Dalton's scripts, but I find that when I allow
Thunderbird to fill in E-mail addresses from my address book as I'm typing text
in the "to" field, things get messy when I'm trying to send to someone who is
not in my address book but whose address starts with the same letter or two as
an address in my book.  I have to delete what Thunderbird automatically fills
in and then type the rest of the address.

Does anyone know of a solution to this?

Dave V