RE: Jaws 8 point o

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:45:30 -0600

hi. Each version of JAWS is installed into a different folder on your computer, so it makes **absolutely** no modifications to any other version of JAWS you might have. in a way this is really good since you may experience a problem with the new version and may have to go back to an earlier version. If 8.0 doesn't work for you, you can always go back to 7.0.

At 02:29 PM 1/27/2007, you wrote:
Hi Adrian,

Just out of curiosity, Can you tell me if there will be an option to keep 7
point o on the computer during installation? Or, will it remain on it
automatically?
I've updated once before, and I can't remember weather I deleted 5 point o,
or weather it was deleted automatically when I installed the newer version.

Thank you for the help.

Roger Bachelder

Roger,

Chris Skarstad already answered your question, but I'd like to add this. FS
has a revised version of JAWS 8 online that you might be able to download as

soon as you make payment. Ask the salesperson if that's true and what you
need to know in order to download before you have your disks. I'm not sure
which release of JAWS 8.0 will be on the CD you receive. Also, you've been
on the list a while now, so you will know that some listers are having
problems with JAWS 8. However, I find it works pretty well, with a few minor

annoyances, and my sense is that most users do. It may depend on your
system. Make sure you keep your current version of JAWS active on your
system in case you want to switch back and forth until you get accustomed to

8.0.