Re: Jaws 7 is A Piggy

  • From: "Jon C. Pierson" <jpierson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 07:49:24 -0800

If your cpu is at 100 percent you are using more than when it shows 84 percent (nearly one sixth more), think of it as a gas hogging automobile at 100 percent.
It's akin to you lifting as much weight as your muscles will hold at 100 percent, at 84 percent you could still do more work. In other words when you are maxed at 100 percent you can do no more work. This is a usage meter, not a free resources meter, it's telling you how much of your money or resources are already used up so when you have used 100 percent you have nothing left in the bank until you free up some process threads.
Hope some of this helps.

Jon C. Pierson

At 06:02 AM 11/7/2005, you wrote:
also john,
when i am using jaws just like theprevious person the one that sent this message
i get the same results with jaws 7 and 100 percent for jaws 6.2 and 100 precent for window eyes
so you will have to explain why you dont want 100 percent of usage?
thank you
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon C. Pierson" <jpierson@xxxxxxxx>