Re: Jaws 7 is A Piggy

  • From: "Playful Heart" <playfulheart@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:34:25 -0600

Ok not really sure how this is set up but if there is an active intense process going on the cpu number drops. For example running ad aware will get the number to drop to about 28% and that is with Norton and other things running. It could be that it varies only when an immediate activity takes place. More than likely what it is doing is staying at the 100% until the activity begins and then telling me how much I am using. CPU speed pentium 4 with 2.4GHZ. It has 512 dual data ram. The things running in the system tray are auto sizer, direct cd, volume, safely remove hardware, Norton, and Jaws.
What is confusing is that sometimes there is no problem whatsoever when using Jaws 7 but at others even explorer has an error when moving things. This does not happen with 6.2 Jaws. What is a little interesting is that even in safe mode the CPU usage is at 100% and there is nothing that can be actively using up all the memory or processing available. It is a little confusing cause I can type rather quickly and Jaws is reading it just fine and I will have no problem sending this. I can run several things at one time and with Jaws 6.2 didn't have a problem. I did uninstall the downloaded version and put on the one on the cd hopefully that will help some.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon C. Pierson" <jpierson@xxxxxxxx>