Jaws 10 on selecting files in Explorer

Hello, I'm used to Jaws 7, since versions after that don't read the web as
well, and many other annoyances. Can this one be cleared up in Jaws 10? When
I use version 7, and I'm selecting files in Windows Explorer, if I'm
selecting a file name, it's spoken. If I'm holding down control and hit
space bar, Jaws is silent, letting me know that this file is now unselected.
So it toggles between silence and spoken filename. In version 10, it says
the file name no matter what, and if I tell the configuration manager to say
either selected, unselected, or both, it wastes time saying those words when
silent versus spoken file name was good enough. Can I get version 10 to
behave like I'm used to, and clear up at least one of the many reasons I
don't use version 10?
Thanks a lot.
Matthew