Re: JFW on a thumb drive

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:06:12 -0500 (CDT)

The value, according to the what's new section, is that you can carry your JAWS settings around with you. I agree, it's not the wondrous solution that it appears to be on the surface.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Yardbird wrote:

I'm having trouble imagining the practical scenarios for this thumb drive.
I hopefully thought it meant what an earlier poster was hoping, that you
could travel without your own computer and temporarily install Jaws on other
peoples' machines (I imagined something like a limit in terms of days or
hours of usage, not the demo mode).  But if the other machine has to have an
authorization on it, wouldn't that imply that it also had *Jaws* on it
already?  In which case, of what value would the thumb drive deal be?  No, I
haven't yet been to the site to see the explanation there, but I'm skeptical
that a question as basic as mine is addressed.  I presume that others know
exactly what the meaning of all this is, but I can't figure out what's being
described.  And I don't understand what dongles are for, either.  I thought
they were for a similar purpose.  To temporarily install jaws on a computer
not your own.

If this is really clearly explained online, someone just please tell me and
I'll be glad to go there later.

Thanks.
, I'd