RE: JFW on a thumb drive

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:55:46 -0500 (CDT)

ILM couldn't work on a thumb drive because the authorization is computer-specific. Dongle-type authorization is hardware-based and would also not work on a thumb drive.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Clifford Blackwell wrote:

Thanks Mike.  If you can't have the authorization on the thumb drive, it
becomes less interesting.  It would be great to have the authorization
on the thumb drive so then Jaws becomes much more portible.  I wouldn't
think it would be any more subject to piracy either.

Thanks.

Clifford

mike.p.schmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/7/2005 9:33:43 AM >>>
FS says that you need at least a 128 MB thumb drive.  I have both
Magic
and JAWS on a 256 MB drive.  The authorization is not on the thumb
drive, it is on the computer.  When JAWS starts up, it looks for an
authorization on the computer, if it doesn't find one, it runs in 40
minute demo mode.  If you have a dongle, you can use that for the
authorization.  Here is a link for the info on their website.

http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/JAWSforUSBDrives.asp

Mike Schmidt Systems Programmer Desktop Deployment and Management Team Information Services Division City of Eugene 100 W. 10th Street, Suite 450 Eugene OR 97401 (541) 682-8171