Re: [JFW] jaws with that attitude of yours:

  • From: "david poehlman" <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:58:13 -0400

Hi Cat Lady and all,

Some things that can help you with your exploration and whether or not to
post a question to the list based on your question(s) below:

Each one of those html options has a little help associated with it which
you can access viajaws key+f1.  You can review the message that comes up,
put it in a file if you like and exit it via escape.  I learned a lot this
way and by reading manuals and asking a lot of questions because like you, I
have no money for expensive training and have not had good luck when I have
had training because I learn by doing.

Your questions about using jaws with windows media player are exactly what
we are here for.  The problem can be that if someone asks:
"How can I get jaws to work with windows media player so that I can change
tracks, burn cds, rip tracks etcettera" and someone comes along and says
that real player is a better program for ripping and burning, the thread
becomes off topic.

If you have a problem with windows and don't know where to go, you can write
to:
poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx
and He'll try to help.  I know him well.  You can also go to google and type
your question in quotes and you might get lucky and not have to wade
througha bunch of technical stuff.