Re: JFW & Audible

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:19:21 -0700

rose,
I confess that I'm not as expert as you appear to be with these settings,
and I don't understand what you said in a couple of messages.

What category do these settings fall into in the Configuration Manager and
the Insert V options?  How do you set Jaws to ignore the announcement of
mouse-over link and just have it say "link?"  I'd love to turn off a lot of
that because, on the Web sites I frequent, I don't think anything vital is
contained in those extra messages someone can see by touching the link with
the mouse pointer.  I'm pretty sure it's all just redundant, pleasant stuff
to induce me to click on something by describing the pleasures and benefits
to be gotten by clicking on the link.  Maybe this trick is used to showcase
really substantive information somewhere else, but I don't think that's the
case for anywhere I'm likely to browse, most days.  Just complaining.

So, how do you do it.  Or, if you prefer, which part of the Jaws help
documentation do you look in to find instruction?  that would be fine with
me, too.  Not asking you to compose instructions here.

thank you.
I say, that applies to the sites I frequent. nedd benfits