Re: JFW AND IE6

Hi,

I have had this happen to. At this point, I cannot remember any specific sites. I usually have to shut down and restart to resume normal operations.

Pranav

on Saturday 9/10/2005 09:56 PM, Yardbird said: Chelsea,

Often when I close IE 6, Jaws also seems to crash. I say "seems to"
because, it turns out, if I wait a few seconds, sometimes a few *long*
seconds, admittedly, Jaws returns to life. I don't think it's actually
crashed at all, but that something is "hooked" and can't get free until IE
is completely out of memory or something like that (sorry, using old DOS
terms and concepts not sure what's really going on). But one thing to try,
at least conce, would be to press Alt Tab in order to make sure you're not
stuck without focus, so that you're back in another open application (I'm
partially sighted and can actually see this, but it's worth trying without
seeing the evidence, too). Then wait and see what happens, pressing
something now and then to see when you start getting a response. Like the
Say Line command, or Say Status Line.

Your Jaws may actually be crashing, but this is worth trying just to be
clear about what's happening.

All that said, I do tconsider this a problem as it manifests with my system,
and quite an annoyance.