RE: JFW 6.2 To Be Released Tomorrow

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:19:02 +0530

Hi,

MSAA or Microsoft active accessibility is a mechanism by which programs provide information about their user interface to a screen reader.

Pranav

on Sunday 6/26/2005 06:46 AM, Bruce Toews said:

MSAA stands for Microsoft Active Accessibility. It's a method of
presenting graphical information in such a way that a screen reader, for
example, can pick up this information and textually represent what to the
sighted user is very much a graphical layout. At least this is my best
understanding of the concept.

bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, David Weddle wrote:

> OK, although a JFW user through just about all versions, I'm going to
> bite the bullet and ask a really basic question. What is MSAA?
>
> Thanks for putting up with questions like these from folks now and then.
>
> Take care...
> Dave

-- Internal Virus Database is out-of-date. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.7.8/22 - Release Date: 6/17/2005