JFW 4.02 and Office XP 2002 Professional

  • From: Jeanie Vejil <proud2be-tsedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 08:28:13 -0500

Hello listers.

I am using windows 98 SE, JFW 4.02, and Office XP 2002 Professional.  I am
finding that if someone sends me a Word attachment, I can read it with no
problem.  However, if I atttempt to write something in Word, even just a
paragraph or a line or two, I can only read it with insert 2 on the numb
pad.  If I attempt to read what I have written line by line, it appears to
not be on the screen.

My husband is using windows XP Pro, Office 2003 Pro, and JFW 4.51 at work
and has the same problem.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to correct this situation, please
let me know.

Just as an aside, I was previously using Word 2000 and it all of a sudden
began giving me the following message each time I tried to open it:

Winword dialog:  This program has performed an illegal operation and will
be shut down.  If the problem persists, plese contact the program vender.

You all know that famous illegal operation message.  I was also using win
98 SE and JFW 4.02 when this occurred.  I first tried a repair on Word 2000
but it made no difference.  I then uninstalled it and then reinstalled it,
and that also made no difference.  The only other thing I did was a repair
on JFW although I didn't feel it was a JFW problem, and that also made no
difference.

If anyone can give me some input as to what might be going on here, I would
appreciate it as I would rather be using MS Word 2000 than MS Word 2002
Professional.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Jeanie Vejil