JFW 11 and Brailliant / Braille connect Braille displays

  • From: "Tony" <tonys_groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:50:48 -0000

Hi All

In case you are unaware, and like me use such a display, the following was
sent to me by HumanWare earlier today:

"I'm writing with regards to the Brailliant and JAWS 11 situation. There has
been a development on this, in that a new Brailliant JAWS 11 driver package
is now available for download from the Freedom website.

Note that this will only work on 32-bit Windows systems. There is an ongoing
issue with 64-bit systems, and this has yet to be resolved between Baum and
Freedom.

The new 32-bit Brailliant with JAWS 11 driver package can be downloaded from
the following webpage;

http://www.freedomscientific.com/support/JAWS-Driver-Brailliant-BrailleConne
ct.asp

This driver installation program works the same way as the BrailliantJFWDRV
program that is supplied on the Brailliant CD (and available from the
HumanWare website). Provided that you have the general Brailliant hardware
drivers installed on your PC, you then need to install this new driver
package and select the appropriate COM port to use. The Brailliant should
then work fine with JAWS 11."

The Brailliant does indeed work fine.