  From: Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 11:44 AM
  Subject: RE: JAWS running on computers with Dual Core Processors

  Hank, as I recall, it runs at 3.2, with about 2GB.  The times the
configuration really pays off involve certain multitasking situations.  For
instance, we've all seen how antivirus programs (Norton comes to mind) can
really slow down other activities.  I recall one of our network guys used to
try to schedule virus checks during lunch breaks.  I've seen Norton and AVG run
on this thing without blinking.  Of course, this helps speech, along with
everything else.

  You will also notice a difference in installation routines.  Processes which
used to take minutes now take seconds.

  However, in closing, I must add that I came from a 400MHz platform with (I
think) 128MB--a red hot platform in the summer of 1998, so anything I upgraded
to would have looked like a speed demon by comparison.

  Ted