JAWS reading sentences

  • From: "alice dampman Humel" <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:41:00 -0400

Hi, all,
    Thanks for the insert down arrow answer to my question about getting JAWS
to read sentences.
    There's one problem that actually had me laughing as I tried to read an
article using my newly acquired knowledge of this command. Every time JAWS hits
a period, no matter where it is, it assumes it's the end of a sentence. So
every time I encountered Mr. so and so, JAWS stopped after Mr. There were many
appearances of Mr. in this article, and, well, you can imagine what it was like
trying to read sentences. I finally gave up and went back to the usual down
arrow for lines for this particular article.
    Is there some kind of work-around for this?
Thanks.
Alice
alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx