RE: JAWS problem on new HP laptop

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:28:44 -0500

Ok, your first and best resource is the system error log.  Have a look
at it by going into control panel and choosing administrative tools.  In
there, choose the event viewer (do this immediately after recovering
from one of your freezes).  The event viewer gives you access to 3
different system logs, but the security one is never of any help.  Check
the application and system logs for any entries (from the top downwards)
that say warning or error beside them.  Go into that entry, find the
details edit box, and copy the info into an email to the list and/or FS.

Hopefully there will be something in there to look at other than
ordinary information entries.

Btw, why do you think the cause is jaws?  There's probably a lot of
other software running on that pc, including some added by HP, and
perhaps anti-virus etc. added by you.  Have you had a sighted person
work with it as much as you have, and had no errors when they weren't
using jaws?  That would be about the only reason to really suspect jaws
as the cause.

Hth,

Chip

Chip Orange