Re: JAWS going silent on the web

  • From: "TerriLynne" <terri_lynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:14:26 -0700

As I said, I am using Windows Xp and JAWS 5.0 or 5.1. This going silent
thing basically only happens to me when I first load up OE. It takes a
minute or two for the computer to recover and normalize its workings.

TerriLynne

Johnny Appleseed wrote:
Under which circumstances does it happen?  does it happen on every web page?
does it happen in every email message?  What settings do you have in jaws
configuration for ie in particular, are you allowing page refresh?  are you
allowing flash?  Are you allowing the download of images?  We need to gather
info because it is happening under some circomstances and not others.  I
have not had this issue except in very specific situations.