Re: JAWS getting better or worse!

  • From: Mohammed Al-shara <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:58:17 +0200

hi nikki.

you've guessed it correctly. the best email client nowadays is thunderbird. download that, and optionally get the excellent scripts that jamal made for it, and you will be good to go.

I'll be glad to help you in the migration process. just ask specific questions on how thunderbird isn't working the way you like and we will all help you.

best,
Mohammed Al-shara.

On 12/21/2010 12:20 AM, Nikki B. wrote:
Hi, everyone,

Well, since Outlook Express is now a thing of the past, I am starting to
look at other e-mail programs so I can learn a new one before I absolutely
have to switch. I downloaded Thunderbird and it seems to work OK with JAWS,
but it is definitely not as smooth as Outlook Express. I don't really care
for Outlook either as it has been quirky for me in the past.

Does anyone have any suggestions for e-mail programs that work smoothly with
JAWS? I have the newest version though am strongly considering not renewing
my SMA. JAWS just keeps getting quirkier as the years go by it seems. Maybe
it's just me.

Anyway, any help will be most appreciated.

Thank you!
     Nikki B.
Life coach serving homeschooling moms
Encouraging moms - Empowering families