Re: JAWS crashing on www.702.co.za

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:35:52 +0100

Steve,
You could have something there with regard to Flash.  I disabled it
about two weeks ago, because it's all too prevalent on a newspaper site
I like to visit.  Also, I found that the 702 page loaded fine using
JAWS4.02, which was (if memory serves) before Flash became recognisable
to JAWS.  Will try the page with Flash enabled, then, with JAWS 5.00812
(last one I downloaded), or 4.51 or 4.50.  (Using IE6.01.)

There used to be a good Listen Now link on the page, and it used and
still uses Windows Media Player: but now what I get is a File Download
Dialogue, Save this file to disk or open it; and it's a .asf file which
won't play in Windows Media Player 9.  (It used to be a .wax file, or,
at any rate, one that played live and didn't prompt a File Download
Dialogue.)  Windows Media Player returns a message about the file being
possibly corrupt.  I think I'll need to write to the Web master or
something.  (I've done that before, and he did reply; and   the station
came back live WMP streaming shortly afterwards.  Flash Discontent.)