Re: JAWS crashing?

  • From: Agent86b <agent_086b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:09:08 +1000

Yes,
please keep us up-to-date. I have had to stop using Kerio for exactly those reasons.
Max.
on 02:32 17/10/2006, Mark said:
I've just installed Kerio and have had a few instances similar to those previously described.

It seems that I cannot quit jaws and restart it whilst the Kerio firewall is running. Sometimes it even prevents Jaws from loading the first time.
What I think is happening is that the firewall is seeing Jaws as a form of malware. This is entirely correct from the point of the firewall, since Jaws (and most screen readers) use code injection and other techniques to intercept data being sent to the screen device driver.
The problem is that code injection is a way that real malware uses to install and run itself on a PC, and so is the kind of thing that a good firewall would look for.

What I'm trying to do is to find the settings within Kerio that will prevent Kerio from seeing Jaws as a problem and just allow it to run OK. (I've tried turning off the code-injection setting under Intrusions, but that doesn't seem to have solved the problem)
If I find any more I'll put it on this list. If anyone has already solved this problem then please let me know!

Thanks,

Mark

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeanette" <jtorres6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 6:09 AM Subject: Re: JAWS crashing?

That's true. I don't know then.