Re: JAWS basic config and getting started

  • From: "Hamid Hamraz" <hhamraz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 19:04:11 +0330

You can enable tool tips from Jaws Configuration Manager , then verbosity options. This helps, if you are able to use the mouse. ----- Original Message ----- From: "garth Humphreys" <ghum01@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 5:32 PM
Subject: JAWS basic config and getting started

Hi all, I am new to this list and new to Jaws. I am working my way through the training material that came with my installation of Jaws however have a few quick questions about getting Jaws set up.

Until now I have used Zoomtext and for some line of business software at work I will need to continue using magnification and colour adjustment. I downloaded NVDA to my home system and found the additional information it provided to zoom text's speech output useful. This is what led me to getting Jaws.

My first question is how do I get jaws to read out text on mouse over. I am starting to get the hang of using the jaws cursor however I do use the actual mouse as well and need to have text read out when I hover on it.

How can I stop Jaws from saying tab every time I press the tab key. This is driving me crazy and I have searched and searched but just can't work it out.

What tips and tricks can anyone provide for setting up Jaws to be used with Zoomtext.

I have currently got Jaws 11 installed however will be moving to 12 once the installation disc arrives.

I apologize if this was too long however thought it may be useful in getting appropriate help if I provided some background.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Garth
Sent from my iPad--

Alternative archives located at: