JAWS and secure forms on halifax.co.uk

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 22:35:17 +0100

Hi, hope someone can help with this.

When I go to www.halifax.co.uk online banking and click on Sign In, and then try to enter my log on details, JAWS isn't reading the actual security question such as 'What is your mothers maiden name?'.

Instead it just says something like 'Password edit' or 'secure question'. It used to work fine with JAWS 6.2 and still does if I use that but with JAWS 8 and IE 7 on Vista it doesn't work.

I've tried altering forms mode verbosity settings, and I'm pretty sure it did this with XP as well. I think the problem has been since changing to IE 7 but I can't be sure.

Any help appreciated.

Peter