JAWS and flash

  • From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:36:27 -0700

Hi all:

as I have come to work with two different versions of JAWS and two different
versions of IE on a daily basis, I've noticed that JAWS 6.2 and IE 6 behave
much bettter when it comes to flash on pages. it seems that when you're
navigating through a page with IE 6 and JAWS 6.2 that it let's you go passed
the flash with no problem. however, when in IE 7 and JAWS 8 every time you
encounter a page with flash and you try to go past it JAWS brings you back to
the top of the page. a perfect example of this would be on the livejournal
website, www.livejournal.com. sometimes people make voice posts, so there is a
flash bit before the actual link to the voice post. does anyone know a way to
make JAWS 8 and IE 7go passed the flash without bringing you constantly back to
the top of the page?

Patricia

e-mail: bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx
msn: bc_sarah_fan@xxxxxxxxxxx