RE: JAWS and Vista

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 14:13:31 -0400

Hi Linda,

I agree with Rose, but the "few changes" she mentions are critical to
making it work easily.  A lot of times in a corporate environment, the
I.T. shop "locks down" the desktop so that you can't make these kinds of
changes (I work in such an I.T. shop, and it's a constant battle between
those of us who wish to allow user freedom, and those who want to lock
everything down so that users cannot make any alterations).

I was much happier once I turned off user account control, and changed
every back to XP classic views so that Vista looks very much like XP.

I'm sure others have other preferences, and you can get used to
anything, and jaws and outlook 2003 will work, so don't worry.  The
Duxberry you mentioned, if it's a printer driver, may not work (I don't
know it).

hth,

Chip

p.s.

There is a blind vista users mailing list you may want to join when you
make the switch.  To subscribe send an empty email to:

blindvista-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chip Orange
Database Administrator
Florida Public Service Commission