Re: JAWS and SBC-Yahoo

  • From: "Shai Wolman" <shai@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 14:20:34 -0700

Hi I believe that I can help you in tackling this issue. When you get to the
yahoo mail web site or the web site that you are to sign on at at the yahoo
mail site, I believe that you should press the f hot key to get to the first
edit field or go down arrow and turn the forms mode on and type in your user
name there and then instead of turning forms mode off again and going
through that whole thing, I believe that then you should press the tab key
and type in your password and press enter from there and it should say forms
mode off and bring you to the next screen.
Now also, on the top, as for your question of graphics, there is a way that
you can tell with jaws if you are signed in or not still to your yahoo mail,
first, it will say at the top your name followed by your email
address@xxxxxxxxxxxxx which is not the case if you are signed out, and also,
if I were you, when you hit altf4 to get out, and go back to your desktop, I
would try hitting the alt tab combination once or twice, that will make sure
that no other window is active and will ensure that you are totally out of
everything, alternatively, I would after you are done with your mail instead
of going alt f4 to sign out, why don't you press the insertf7 combination
and press s for the sign out link and press enter there? Sure that it might
be a series of steps,  but it will deffinetly alleviate any doubts about
still being signed on, and will make sure that you are totally signed out.
Hope this helps