Re: JAWS and 5.1 channel sound card drivers; advice needed

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:42:33 -0600

Sounds good; except for one tiny little detail.  I will be recording to the
sound card I choose.  That makes the one you have no good for what I need.
I am considering a ChaintechAV710 Sound card which sells at the moment for
$24.99 at
www.tigerdirect.com
but, I'm a little skeptical because of the very low price and I'm just
wandering what kind of quality I'm going to get.  The thing that's making me
consider the Chaintech is the fact that this card does not come with
software of any kind; and, therefore, seems to be self driven.  Therefore,
access with JAWS seems not to be an issue as every function of the card must
be done from the control panel under sounds and audio devices; or so I
suppose if no software comes with it.  Now, of course, there is the Sound
Blaster Audigy 2zs which I can get for $99.00 from Dell.  IF I want to rout
all my windows Audio to what ever second card I choose, but keep JAWS on the
Sound Blaster Live PCI1371 I now have, would the only thing I need to do is
to make the second sound card the default card and then re start the machine
letting JAWS go to the old card.  I guess that if I did that, then re
started JAWS, would JAWS not then go to the new card instead?  I know that,
according to the TSN bulletin notice on the matter, FS suggests un
installing both cards then re installing just the new card and then to re
install JAWS and then the old card again and keep the new card as the
default.  But, this bulletin assumes that the user is wanting to rout JAWS
to the new card.  I want the opposite; to keep JAWS on the card I have now
and rout all other Windows audio to what ever second card I buy.

P.S.  Is there a way to rout Winamp to another card other than changing the
default card?  I looked and didn't see a way.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray

Home Phone and Fax: (985)853-0139
e-mail and Windows Messenger: