Re: JAWS Update!

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:52:49 -0700

Hi,
Are you guys sure you've maximized your open OE messages? I know, sometimes
it works fine when you open a message to have jaws read it and Jaws just
goes ahead and does a good job, without you enlarging the message window,and
even when you start a reply and do some typing without bothering to maximize
the message size.

But that can be misleading, and leave you baffled if you start trying to do
any editing aside from just typing with the reduced size window (I'm not
talking about the infamous Preview version of an OE message, which I was
taught long ago to just disable for use with Jaws). It almost always turns
out, when I get flummoxed with blank places and general refusal of OE to
cooperate while I try to edit what I'm writing in a message or reply, if I
just do an alt spacebar   x and expand that message window to screen-filling
size, Jaws regains its accuracy.

If this isn't the cause and you already have tried that, sorry. Just
neglected to chime in earlier, and thought I may as well.
.