Re: JAWS Over Remote Desktop

  • From: glenjan42 <glenjan42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:30:49 +1100

Thomas,
Have you investigated Go To My Pc?
I use it regularly to maintain a PC running JAWS.
Link:  www.gotomypc.com
HTH.
Glen

At 02:24 pm 24-11-2008, you wrote:
My girlfriend has a PC running JAWS 10 on Windows XP Pro. She is visiting me for the holidays and she would like to access her email and other programs while she's away. However, we were surprised to learn that we cannot run JAWS on her computer when we establish a remote desktop session from my PC here in Altoona. We can establish the remote session without problems. But when we run JAWS on her desktop, we get a message that says: This application is not authorized to run in a terminal services session.

Why not? Is there an upgrade we can purchase to acquire this ability? I'm not sure that Tandem would be useful in this circumstance, since there is no one at her computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom Hesley