Re: JAWS Licensing

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:47:30 -0800

Jim,
I recall reading that, too, now that I see it again. I'm afraid that if I
wanted to get myself a laptop and violate their agreement, it would be a
little tricky. I'm not sure what kind of scenario that would b. Two people
sitting side by side using both computers at the same time? Selling or
lending the laptop to a blind friend, still loaded with Jaws? running both
computers while you transfer files between them using a corded connection
instead of a thumb drive?

Oh, well. I guess I'm not devious enough to plan a criminal vocation for
myself as a mid-life career change. :-)
to transfer a file from one computer to the other and be trasnfer siutation
I'd have to actively recruit someone and was----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Ventura" <Frank.Ventura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Chris, thanks for the reply. Now I am even more confused than ever. For my
personal computers I have a separate license for the desktop and laptop. I
was under the impression that the initial 3 intalls were to replace an
existing install if something goes wrong. For example I just had to reformat
the laptop and I will have to reinstall JFW., and I may have to do it once
more in about a week as the project I am working on will probably require
another reformat; but it will be on the same machine. Frank