Re: JAWS Installation Maintenence

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:44:38 -0400

Is this what you are looking for?
 Hello all. If you'd like to put an Installation Maintenance
shortcut where it usually was in the past for 7.1, do the following:

1. Hold windows key plus r, and paste in the following:

"%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\JAWS 7.10\tools"

Make sure to include the quotes.
2. Once you're in the Tools folder, hit alt plus f to get to the
file menu, then w for the new submenu.

3. Arrow down to shortcut, and press enter.
 4. When the box comes up for the target of the shortcut, paste the
following in the edit field:

MsiExec.exe /I{8A2BAD28-3D41-4258-8EC8-A1D9A5E24B01}

Make sure to include the entire line.

5. Press enter and type the following in the shortcut name edit field:
Installation Maintenance
            That should do it. Just press enter from there, and you can then
close the tools folder. Now go to the start menu to jaws 7.10, get to the
tools submenu,
            and check to see if installation maintenance is there.

Hope this is helpful to some folks.