Re: JAWS 9 problem

  • From: Robert J Smith <rsmith247@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:18:28 -0400

Hi Cindy.  It sounds like some pretty radical things have gone on.  I'd
suggest totally uninstalling 9  and reinstalling it (but don't remove
shared components).  If you don't want to quite do that, you could do a
repair but I'm most optimistic about a total reinstall.

Robert Smith

Computer Sciences Corporation
Registered Office: 3170 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Virginia 22042,
USA
Registered in Nevada, USA No: C-489-59

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
delivery.
purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cindy Handel" <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/20/2008 10:13 AM
Please respond to
jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"JFW" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
JAWS 9 problem

Since yesterday, when I was trying to set up JAWS, so it would go into
sleep
mode when S A Mobile starts, I've had problems with JAWS on my laptop.  I
can't get into the JAWS configuration manager with JAWS key and 6; I can't

access the JAWS menus with the alt key, and it doesn't read most titles. I

tried to uninstall JAWS 9 and reinstall.  I didn't uninstall all the
settings, but maybe I should have.  Can anyone tell me what to do to get
JAWS back to a usable state?

Thanks.

Cindy