JAWS 8.0 and Windows Vista

  • From: <AMTK161@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:59:07 -0500

Hello everyone,

This past weekend I got a Sony Vyo N365 notebook running Windows Vista Home
Premium.  I was wondering, what settings can I change to optomize JAWS
performence?

I also have some interface questions I can't seem to figure out:
1.  How can I copy items from say a flash drive to my computer besides using
drag-and-drop?  in Windows XP, there were buttons that would allow me to move
any selected items to the spessified location.

2.  Is there any way to get rid of the search box that comes up when I hit the
windows key to go into the start menu?  I have to arrow down to select the
program I want where as in XP I could just hit the letter of the program and
it'd take me right to it.

3.  The biggest concern I have is JAWS responsiveness.  Although I have a
faster processer, more memory and pretty much anything anyone would want, JAWS
is a lot slower then on my XP machine.  What causes this; does computer
manufacturer have anything to do with it?  How can I fix this problem if at all?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Hansen
AIM Screen name: AMTK161