Re: JAWS 7.1 public beta available

No disrespect intended, but if you're not willing to do a little legwork, you really shouldn't be beta testing. If you read through the documentation under what's new in the beta, one thing you are told is that the merge feature in 7.1 will now merge the basic settings. This, to me, is a pretty good indicator that the merge feature will be available in teh final version. Don't beta test if you are not willing to work at it. The purpose of the beta test is not to release the software, but to get the bugs out of the software. A merge should only be done on a product where the settings are known and uniform, which is why it's not available in the public beta at the moment.
Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, joanne wrote:

I don't like not being able to merge settings though. Will the final copy of 7.10 allow the merge to work? And does anyone know of another way to put my 7.0 settings into 7.10 so it works like merge so I won't have to redo every setting? Thanks. --