RE: JAWS 64 bit authorization question

  • From: "Ch.B." <chr1s64@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 20:13:51 +0100

The idea behind it itself is really not a bad one. it was created to kind of
lower chances of outside interference, i.e. malware that somehow gets into
your system to not be able to execute any programs to alter your system. On
the other hand I am sure that if some malware really wants to get on they
have ways to outsmart uac probably too. There is never any 100% percent
security other than turning off your pc altoghether lol.
While UAC in itself may be a good thing it also, at the same time, gets in
the way all the time when you the user are trying to install stuff or manage
your system, because it has no way of distinguishing between the user or
some other interference To me, that is a feature I don't want, as I have
taken other precautions to keep those malware possibilities out, in the
first place. But like I said to each his own.

Alternative archives located at: