Re: JAWS 6 slow start

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:34:55 +0530

Tom,

This is because you have set jfw to run as a service. It starts before the
desktop comes up. Its probably an issue of timing.

Pranav
At 07:27 PM 2/11/2005, Tom Lange wrote:
Hi,
The other night I installed JAWS 6 on my Dell 4100 running Windows ME and
like it so far, except for one thing. It takes a good minute or two to come
up after I hear the Windows intro music. It's set to start automatically. I
did some digging around in the Registry, as I'm not afraid to do such
things, and I noticed that the call to JFW is placed in the run_services
area instead of run_once or run_once_exe as was done in the past. Anybody
else notice this?

Tom