JAWS 3.7U and MSN Messenger

  • From: "Derek Czuy" <dczuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:54:30 -0600

Hello again list members:
Further to my earlier post about my friend who uses Windows ME and JAWS 3.7U,
thank you Grant Hardy and James for your responses. He installed MSN Messenger
4.6 as that version of Messenger works with the JAWS 3.7 scripts. However, when
he opens Messenger 4.6, he is told that he is unable to continue and Messenger
offers to install the latest version of Messenger which is 6.2. When he clicks
"no", he is returned to the Messenger sign-in window. Is there any way that he
could still use Messenger 4.6 or could the JAWS scripts somehow be recompiled
to work with Messenger 6.2? Any other suggestions are welcome.

Derek
E-mail and Windows Messenger: dczuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www3.telus.net/public/dczuy