RE: JAWS 12, and Office 2007?

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:31:00 -0400

Alan,

After recent computer problems that I thought would result in my buying a
new system, I also thought seriously about upgrading to windows 7 and MS
Office 2007/2010. However, the problems were fixed and my computer is
running well again.

My inclination is to stay with what works until it becomes limiting. Two
groups of people will be using Office 2007/2010: those forced to by their
office systems and splendid people like Dave who have worked hard to keep on
top of technology. I view technology as an appliance, like a vacuum cleaner
or microwave, albeit more sophisticated. It serves me. I don't want to serve
it until I have to.

Dave is right; one day we will need to go to Office 2007/2010, and after
that who knows--2012, 2013? But when that time arrives, maybe FS will have
perfected the virtual ribbon. Procrastination has its points.

----