RE: JAWS 10 Update issues

  • From: "Thomas J. Hesley" <pulse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:45:04 -0500

Did you check your event viewer to see if any errors are being written
there?  You'd need to check all categories of messages there (application,
system, security, and IE).

Then, if that doesn't show anything conclusive, the next thing I'd do is
attempt to repair my operating system.  This can be done if you have your
original Windows XP Pro CD.  Don't know for certain that this would solve
your problem.  But something in your network device drivers, IP stack, or
elsewhere may be corrupt, causing this peculiar problem.

You may have a virus.  Have you done a complete scan of your PC for viruses
since this problem started?

Tom Hesley