JAWS 10 - Auto forms mode

  • From: Kamal Haffar <haffar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 21:27:15 -0400

Hi all:

Not really sure that this dialog is going to get us anywhere, do you? Shouldn't all this dialog be taking place directly with FS rather than with each other where none of us have the power to do anything about it? It is afterall a free market economy and companies do what they want to do with their products, it is us consumers that can make the difference either by switching to another product if we are not happy with FS or try to dialog with FS directly with the hope they will listen to us. Personally I am very tempted to switch to NVDA even though they don't have all the features that Jaws, Window Eyes or System Access has as yet. Maybe supporting the NVDA foaks is the way to go, bring another player to the market let and let the competition takes care of things. Having said all this, the only way that I can be satisfied with my computer accessibility is by having the three or four screen readers on my computer as each has something good to offer.

Cheers,

Kamal