RE: JAWS 10

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:38:02 -0700

System Access works pretty well on web pages, I am not crazy about the
e-mail package they use, seems clunky more like DOS to me, but their web
browser and IE 7 work really well with it, no forms mode, but then, of
course, having been a Jaws user since before forms mode was introduced,
always at odd with it, sometimes I try to use it in SA when it isn't
necessary.

I don't do my work with SA, cannot do that, hospital won't allow me to, and
it is too slow for straight typing for me, but, web surfing, filling in
forms etc works well and if I am absolutely sure that I need to fill in lots
of forms I switch to SA for a more seamless experience.

I got hooked on it last spring/summer when the hospital installed Spheris
Clarity that would not work well with Jaws whole someone scripted six weeks
of sitting at home made me try Satogo and I liked the web experience so much
I bought the package.  Only too bad the script writer never contacted me to
see what I needed to work and I have been forced to work without for a year.
This is so bad that I even tried to learn scripting, but alas, I am not a
programmer.  Never will be.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx