Re: Is Jaws pro Demo7.10 and Jaws pro7.10 the Same

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:01:47 -0500

Hi. The only difference between the demo version of JAWS, either standard or professional, is that the demo version runs for 40 minutes, after which you must reboot your computer to keep using it.
Remember, there are different editions of JAWS, professional which works with Windows XP Pro and Media Center edition, and JAWS standard which works with Windows XP Home, Windows ME and 98. Although to complicate things just a little further, FS has seen it fit to release different versions of JAWS specifically designed for each of the operating systems. Confused yet?
The links on the download page of the FS website will tell you exactly what you're downloading so that does take a bit of the mystery out of it. But again, the only difference between the demo and the full version is the demo runs for 40 minutes. Other than that they're the same.

At 12:34 PM 6/26/2006, you wrote:

Is Jawspro Demo7.10 and Jawspro7.10 the Same. I'm asking because I just purchased Jawspro7.10 and I asked the sales representative if they were the same and he said yes. I thought they were a little different because one is a demo and the other one is not. A Jaws tech told me once that they were different because of the licenses and that I could not use windows media center with the demo. I believed that. Is it true? Could I use the demo with media center?
Thank you in advance
Jeanette

-- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw