From: "Jack Lowe" <akronjack1982@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:49 AM
Subject: Interesting E-mail Discovery

Hi Everyone,

You know how we've had these discussions about those darn grater signs?
Well, I
was doing some looking in my outlook express/options/send tab.  I found a
setting that I thought was rather interesting.  Now, this won't help those
of us
on the receiving end of the E-mails, but it may help those who we forward
messages to, or include the original message in the reply.
Here's what I'm talking about...
Hit Alt T for tools, then arrow up to options, hit enter, then control tab
send page.  Tab until you hear, Plain Text settings, button, Alt E.
So, hit alt E, then tab until you hear, indent the original text with check
box
checked.
Now, tab once.  You are now in a combo box, there are three choices you can
arrow up and down through, grater, vertical bar, and colon.  So, if you have
your E-mail set to include the original text in a reply or forward, you can
choose what will show up in the message.  What I'm wondering is this.
If you uncheck that box, does that mean there won't be any grater signs
showing
up in your forward or reply?  And if so, why have it checked at all?
As I said, this is in outlook express.  I can't speak on any other E-mail
providers.  But, when you send forwards or replies, this looks like a good
way
to eliminate those grater signs from showing up in your messages.   Jack