Re: ITunes and jaws

  • From: "chevelle" <chevelle33@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 03:29:56 -0500

Hi Ryan, sorry I'm late answering this. I am way behind on my e-mails. I
recently won an iPod, and have been playing around with the itune software.
What version of itunes are you using, and what version of jaws are you
using. The latest itunes is 4.7.1. I am not aware of any scripts available
for itunes, but you can still use the software. I have to waarn you, you
will have to use the jaws cursor a lot! Ok here is how you add a song to the
library so you can copy it to the ipod. Open the itune program. You will
want your iPod connected before you start adding songs to the library. Once
everything is all setup, and you are in the itunes window press control o.
You basically operate this like you were in ms-word. Shift tab once. You
might have to go first to your look in, and make sure it is set to where you
have all your music. Just arrow to the song you want to add to the library.
Tab to open, and press enter. This next part I kind of just figured out. If
you keep your ipod connected, and close the itunes program, then reopen the
itunes program it will update your ipod each time. The thing I discovered is
you want to add the song to the library before your ipod gets updated. This
way when it updates will automatically copy the songs  to your ipod.  When
you press enter on the open button go to your jaws cursor, and  do a control
home. Then just arrow down a few lines. Sometimes it will take a few seconds
for the updating to begin. If the updating doesn't begin, close the itune
program by press control w. Then reopen the itunes program, and the song
should get copied to the ipod. If you want to access the itunes preferences
press control plus the comma key. Let me know what else you need help with
the itunes software.