IE Scripting challenges

  • From: Mike Gower <mbgower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:09:49 -0500 (EST)

I'm trying to program what I thought would be a
straight forward script to select some checkboxes on a
form on an asp-generated form in IE 5. I'm using Jaws
4.5, but the problem seems to exist in more current
versions.
First, I can find no way of passing the JawsFind a
parametre. The function call basically makes it appear
on the screen and that's it -- can't even get any
existing search string to disappear.
Second, I haven't found a way to put Jaws into Forms
mode so that a Spacebar will check an item. If I
physically click on one of the checkboxes, I can get
the script I've written to run fine, but if I run it
without physically clicking the window, none of the
checkboxes are selected and the focus seems buggy. I
tried FormsModeEvent without success.  Any
suggestions?
mike

=====
424 Government St.