Re: I have a question abought the talks software

Hi,
Somebody wrote:

Ted
It's a bit like Jaws for your mobile phone - allowing audio access the phone menu system,phone book, read and send text messages etc. using Eloquence speech and I think you can also load Realspeak voices too.

It is in fact a screen reader for cell phones, particularly those which run the Symbian 60 operating system. It won't work on phones which run the Palm OS or similar variants. If you have one of the Series 60 mobile phones, you can buy Talks through Sendero Group. They can bundle it with a package called Zooms which, as you'd guess, is a magnifier for mobile phones. That's actually rather cool, too. Beyond Sight may have Talks and Zooms as well. Cingular sells Talks, but there's some weird licensing arrangement in place so that the only supported phone is a Nokia 6620.

Okay, lest I incur the wrath of the moderator, I've said my piece about Talks and I'm outa here.
Tom